Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thing 19

I had a look at several of the tasks on the web 2.0 shortlist. I thought Meebo sounded really interesting but I couldn't get into it as it was blocked by mailmarshall. I guess the council's ITC policy is not web 2.0! Very annoying. So then I had a look at Lulu which was very interesting, being a site for new writers to publish their work. Not really something that I can partake in but when I publish my great NZ novel then I can do it there. I think it's a really good way for talented newcomers to get work out there and seen by publishers. It's a good example of what web 2.0 can offer people. I then looked at Yelp! which was a site for reviews of US cities by individuals. This offered a wealth of information such as the best drag queen shows and plastic surgeons in New York as rated by locals and visitors alike. Much more interesting than a travel book! It also has maps to show you where the reviewed places are located. Very useful once again!

No comments: